Wednesday, May 19, 2010

We live in a different world.

Someone once told me that a military wife is just like any other woman. Well if you are in fact a wife of a service member you know differently. The way I see it if that was in fact true we would still have our same friends. We'd never feel isolated. Things wouldn't be so different. Our husbands chose this job, I will freely admit that. But it doesn't make it any less harder or lonely. The military life and civilian life is different in so many ways and the only ones who can truly be there for you and understand is someone who has or is going through the same thing.

I find myself in limbo. A transition if you will. I've left the civillian world. No more civillian friends. No husband at my side. But I haven't arrived at my destination either. No Army wife friends. Haven't been stationed yet let alone get orders. Who I thought were my true friends have stopped hanging out with me, then has pretty much stopped talking altogether. The reason for this isn't exactly clear, but never the less it leaves me alone in a world of unfimiliarity and frustration. To those of you who read this don't get the impression that I'm saying that being an army wife means I'm better than you. But also don't belittle our situation. I doubt you could easily walk in our shoes. We are much stronger than most woman. Unique in our own kind. And until you've experienced the life of an Army wife you aren't entitled to a different opinion. If we were all the same you my friend wouldn't have abandoned me when I needed someone the most. It's survival of the fittest.

I've created this blog to first and formost vent and express myself when I find myself alone. But hopefully I might inspire women and give strength. After all it's hard to go through the things you have to go through as a military spouse. Even harder when you find yourself alone. If this is a pointless effort on either accounts I'll just look at this as my diary. Feel free to comment or ask me questions. Maybe I'll have some followers that lead to friendships. Goodnight.

3 comments:

  1. I would like to make a point that when I said I had no friends my definition is very strict. In my definition it's where you can talk to eachother about anything, know eachother well, and hang out. So Maggie and Cleotia you know I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain, completely. You put it perfectly. My "BEST FRIEND" left me because she thought I was being a wimp and whiny and not "putting on my big girl panties and DEALING WITH IT". NOT what a call a good friend!!!!!
    When I needed someone the most, she stomped all over me as if she was better and stronger and I was some weak, pathetic thing. It was very, very painful. I hope one day I can forgive her.
    But losing friends I am all too familiar with these days. It's true, NOBODY truly understands it unless they're right in the middle of it themselves!
    I'm grateful, though, for those that try to empathize with me. They're true friends, and I hope I don't lose them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My best friend and my mom was like that. Suck it up you knew this was going to happen you signed up for it. My best friend was also the one to say that having another baby was just another mouth to feed etc. I hope you don't lose the remainder of your friends. I wasn't that lucky. But they weren't true friends if they aren't still my friends.

    ReplyDelete