Wednesday, August 25, 2010

If You Want Something Done Right You Have To Do It Yourself

On August 14, 2010 I got on a flight with my two small children by myself from Atlanta, Georgia to Fairbanks, Alaska. Two very long layovers in Denver and Seattle I arrived at my final destination. If it had not been for my own free will and one amazing friend that already lived at Fort Wainwright, AK I would still be at home in Georgia and my husband would have been gone. I paid out of pocket for our tickets worried that I would not get to see my husband before he left. The Day before I had left Fort Eustis, VA had said that they had signed off on our command sponsorship so I thought all was at an end. I was wrong.

Later that week I had called Fort wainwright's office to see if they had received my papers and they told me no. I called back to Fort Eustis and they told me that they were not going to send the papers that since I was there I could give it to them myself. It doesn't work that way. My husband had to apply for it all over again through his unit. If I had waited on Fort Eustis to do their job and get the orders amended we probably would have been in GA for months. If I had not come up His unit would not have given him the choice to stay behind and be with us. Everything happens for a reason. Our Command Sponsorship should be done by the end of next month, but the only reason I need it now is to ship my House Hold Goods. I move into my house TOMORROW! Which ironically is two houses down from where I'm staying with our friends. It's the nicest ones I've seen for three bedrooms! Our car just left Seattle so it should be up here next week or two.

I'm so incredibly blessed! It is so beautiful here and I get to live with my soldier again!No matter how hard things seem to be at the time, it's always worth it in the end. Even if you have to do it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment