Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The first cut is the deepest

My soldier is currently on a plane to Fort Wainwright, Alaska. Saying goodbye is really hard no matter how many times you have to do it. I will never get used to the feeling of my heart breaking when we have to be apart. Any day, his orders will be amended and they will give me and the kids our plane tickets... It's just a matter of time. I'm torn about not being able to go with him. On the one hand I don't get to experience the adventure and the first days at our new home together. On the other I get a little more time with my family and friends.

In the meantime, while I'm stuck in Georgia because Fort Eustis' lack of efficiency and ethic and he is in Alaska, I plan to be positive and very productive. Keep your fingers crossed that all of this gets finished at least this week or the next. It's all up to them, unfortunately, I've done all I could do. Be persistent and corteous if you find yourself in my position. I miss him already. I can't wait to be up there with him to start this exciting adventure together. Army wife strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment